On Friday, April 23, 2014, MS Governor Phil Bryant signed a $7 million bond package that funded an expansion of Mitchell Memorial Library. A new floor was added at the Library's northeast corner, opposite the Charles H. Templeton Music Museum. The addition houses the Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library and the Congressional and Political Research Center, as well as exhibit spaces, study rooms, research areas, administrative offices, and a black-box theatre. Construction began in 2015, and the facility officially opened on November 30, 2017.
MSU committed $37 million toward the construction of a new student learning center, to be staffed and programmed by MSU Libraries. Featuring small-group study spaces and an expanded technological platform, this 90,000 sq. ft. facility provides a venue for undergraduate and graduate research near the emerging residence hall complex on the north side of the Starkville campus.
December 2012 saw the beginning of renovation of the second floor of MSU-Meridian's College Park Campus facility. Existing classrooms and a meeting space were renovated to form an 1800 square-foot library space with comfortable seating, room for student collaboration, library instruction, access to print and electronic resources, and a relaxing view of the wooded area near the campus. Housing a collection of approximately 8000 volumes and providing a combined reference and circulation desk, a meeting room, computers, and a laptop lab, the Phil Hardin Foundation Library is a flexible space conducive to library instruction and collaborative meetings.
A $14.6 million expansion and renovation project, completed in December 1996, blended the original 1950s Library building with additions made in the 1970s and 1990s. It added a 90-seat computer lab, the Instructional Media Center, 3 electronic classrooms, three presentation rooms, and group study rooms; renovated the 90-seat auditorium; and adapted spaces for the John Grisham Room and the Charles H. Templeton, Sr. Music Museum.