The Old Main Academic Center is currently closed.
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and modify our services and open hours accordingly. For more information on how we can help you during the outbreak, visit https://guides.library.msstate.edu/coronavirus.
Old Main Academic Center contains 20 classrooms with a variety of flexible and fixed seating.
- 5 94-seat lecture halls
- 1 78-seat lecture hall/active classroom
- 4 72-seat lecture halls
- 4 50-seat lecture halls
- 6 35-seat lecture halls
Each classroom includes attendance scanners, whiteboards, and teaching lecterns equipped with the latest technology for 21st century teaching. Instructors will need to supply their own whiteboard markers and erasers.
Classrooms 2030 and 2130 include LifeSize, an interactive video software that facilitates synchronous delivery of classroom instruction and meetings.
See a full list of equipment. (This list will be complete by the time classes begin.)
For assistance with classroom technology, contact Information Technology Services.
- Classroom requests may only be made for the current semester. Please hold requests for future semesters until that semester begins (For example: hold spring requests until classes begin in January).
- Office of the Registrar will schedule regular academic classes for the Old Main Academic Center.
- Classrooms can be scheduled for use by MSU faculty and staff. These will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Approved student organizations can request to reserve classrooms and the auditorium. Learn more
- Unless pre-approved no catered events will be allowed in the classrooms.
- Each classroom will be locked after the last scheduled class for that particular room; classrooms will remain locked until the building is opened the following business day.