Turner A. Wingo Auditorium
The Old Main Academic Center is currently closed.
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and modify our services and open hours accordingly. For more information on how we can help you during the outbreak, visit https://guides.library.msstate.edu/coronavirus.
The Turner A. Wingo Auditorium is a 455-seat auditorium equipped with a full sound system. The room can be divided into two rooms, each with its own teaching lectern.
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for scheduling the Auditorium for classroom use. MSU faculty and staff can reserve the Auditorium for lectures, seminars, special events and performances.
When the Auditorium is not being used for specific classes, MSU faculty and staff may request to reserve the auditorium for special academic events. These requests will be reviewed and approved by the Old Main Academic Center Coordinator and the Dean of Libraries. Old Main Academic Center is not available for private events or for groups and individuals not affiliated with the University.
Turner Wingo of Collierville, TN is a general business alumnus (Class of 1967) who has enjoyed a successful career in retail. He was honored as the 2016 National Alumnus and the 2011 College of Business Alumnus. His contributions to MSU include those for the Turner A. Wingo Endowed Professorship in the College of Business, several scholarships, funds for various campus facilities, and support for athletics. He serves on the MSU Foundation's board of directors.
- The auditorium is available for reservation by MSU faculty and staff during normal operating hours on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Approved student organizations can request to reserve classrooms and the auditorium. Learn more
- The use of the auditorium is subject to a rental fee.
- Requests can be submitted for use of the facility on weekends but may require additional fees.
- Those responsible for reserving the room must agree to clean up following their event including picking up all trash before vacating the premises.
- Requests for the use of the auditorium must be made in advance. Functions will be approved on an availability and priority basis.
- Limited food and beverage service is allowed but requires prior approval.
- Failure to follow the policies and take care of the rooms could result in a patron's privileges being suspended.