Originally published at https://www.msstate.edu/newsroom/article/2020/03/mitchell-memorial-announces-revised-operating-procedures
University Libraries is announcing revised operating procedures, to begin Wednesday [April 1].
- Students and faculty/staff will only be able to access the Computer Commons Lab. This area has 90 computers and printing capabilities.
- The number of individuals in the Computer Commons Lab will be limited to 10 people.
- All social distancing rules will apply while in the lab.
- Students and faculty needing materials from the physical collection or Interlibrary Loan materials should submit a request for materials using the Online Catalog’s place hold function or submit an Interlibrary loan request. The materials can be mailed to the individual or picked up from the Computer Commons Lab. Once they arrive in the Computer Commons, they should call the Access Services desk (662-325-7668) to let them know they have arrived to pick up the material. A staff member will bring the material to the Computer Commons Lab.
- Students and faculty needing equipment from the Digital Media Center should first reserve the equipment online at https://msstate.libcal.com/reserve/dmc. Once they arrive in the Computer Commons, they should call the Digital Media Center (662-325-7676) to let them know they have arrived. A staff member will bring the equipment to the Computer Commons Lab.
- Students and faculty needing access to the Audio Visual Studio for recording lectures should make an appointment at https://msstate.libcal.com/reserve/dmcstudio/av. Once they arrive for their appointment, they can call the Digital Media Center (662-325-7676) to let them know they have arrived. Someone from the DMC will escort them to the A/V Studio.
- Students and faculty needing assistance with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office or other technologies can connect with a Digital Media Center staff member using WebEx. To join the meeting, select the DMC Virtual Assistance on the Library calendar of events at https://msstate.libcal.com/calendar/events/.
- Online/Virtual chat assistance and e-mail reference will continue from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. http://lib.msstate.edu/help/.