The MSU Libraries recently upgraded 5 of its academic research databases provided by EBSCO. These upgrades add over 4,659 full text journal titles to the library's current collection. Three full-text databases were upgraded to include access to more full-text journals:
- Academic Search Complete: Designed for academic institutions, Academic Search Complete provides complete coverage of multidisciplinary, full-text academic journals. The capacity of content within this resource fully supports scholarly research in the key areas of academic study by providing peer-reviewed journals, full-text periodicals, reports, books, and much more. Academic Search Complete offers an enormous collection of the most valuable full-text journals, providing users access to critical information from many sources unique to this database. In addition, this database is the leading source of peer-reviewed, full-text for STM research, as well as for the Social Sciences and Humanities. This scholarly collection offers unmatched coverage of information spanning a broad range of important areas of academic study, including anthropology, engineering, law, sciences and more.
- Art Source: Art Source covers a broad range of related subjects, from fine, decorative and commercial art, to various areas of architecture and architectural design. Featuring full-text articles - as well as detailed indexing and abstracts - for an array of journals, books and more. International in scope, Art Source includes periodicals published in French, Italian, German, Spanish and Dutch and is designed for use by a diverse audience, including art scholars, artists, designers, students and general researchers.
- Library & Information Science Source: Developed by librarians from a merger of high-quality databases from EBSCO and H.W. Wilson, and including many unique sources that were never previously available, Library and Information Science Source provides full-text coverage and high-quality indexing to help librarians and researchers to keep pace with the latest trends in a rapidly evolving field of library and information science. Containing English and foreign-language periodicals, journals, conference proceedings, pamphlets, library school theses and books, this database encompasses subjects such as librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval and information management. In addition, Library & Information Science Source provides comprehensive coverage of the history of library studies.
Two citation only databases were upgraded to full-text:
- America: History and Life with Full Text: America: History and Life with Full Text provides concrete literature covering the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to the present. With full-text coverage of hundreds of journals and books, and selective indexing for journals dating back nearly 60 years, this database is without question the most important bibliographic reference tool for students and scholars of U.S. and Canadian history. America: History and Life with Full Text covers all key journals in the discipline, state and local history publications, and selected articles from scholarly journals in the social sciences and humanities. In addition to standard search features, this database allows for searching by time period, a major advantage given the extensive range of its coverage.
- Historical Abstracts with Full Text: Historical Abstracts with Full Text is unmatched in its scope and breadth of historical and related social science literature, and is essential for libraries supporting upper-division and graduate research. Representing scholarship from more than 90 countries, the database includes book citations, dissertations and theses, and coverage extends to related disciplines such as archeology, anthropology and sociology. This authoritative database provides selective indexing of historical articles from thousands of journals in a wide variety of languages. Coverage includes the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present, including world history, military history, women's history, history of education and much more.
About MSU Libraries:
Mississippi State University Libraries is a premier research library providing its communities of users an ongoing, creative, technologically advanced library program that provides new and emerging technologies; enhances and inspires teaching, research, and service of the highest caliber in an environment of free and open inquiry and with a commitment to excellence. For more information about MSU Libraries, please visit http://library.msstate.edu/ .
MSU, Mississippi's flagship research university, is online at www.msstate.edu.